Jessica is a 25 year old human being of the female variety. She is from Australia and is not fond of speaking about herself in the third-person .... I enjoy writing and have wanted to be Roald Dahl since I was six. Which is probably why I'm a literature major - books forever! I rarely get enough sleep and function on pure spite and coffee. I live to over-analyse and love to make people laugh, occasionally these attributes unite and form awe-inspiring blog posts.
My better internet work, like my writing, can be found HERE.
I am obsessed with the Book Depository.
> Explaining it ALL
> My adventures in the ordinary
> To put a selfie to the name
I have been scribbling notes about Gut Symmetries by Jeanette Winterson for a couple of months now. The above didn’t make any sense in the write up I just finished about the book, but I liked it too much to let it go. You can read what made the cut over at My BLOG blog: ‘Star dust that we are: Jeanette Winterson’s Gut Symmetries’.
Realised I could also be handy and post the whole thing, because a duty of Frankenstein’s monsters, let me DIE.
On the weekend while chatting with my Mum she mentioned a crazy event from our shared past. In June 2011 Rhiannon and I missed a last train back to Geelong from Melbourne, which left us stranded in the city on a cold winter night without any insulin (admittedly, that only affected me). So Mum, being a lovely Mum, drove 2 hours to save us. Mother said to me, "When I pulled into the station that night was one of the only times I’ve ever seen you look happy." Giggles ensued, even though she is not entirely wrong. Science believes that Jessica Cowan is comprised of 70% water, with the other 30% being a combination of coffee, things she has read in books, a tiny bit of kindness, but most importantly sadness. Mum then began regaling the tale of seeing what she thought was a meteorite/alien space ship debris crashing into a paddock on her drive to get us. No one believed her when she told this story, aside from Rhiannon and I. But there was a little newspaper article about a fire near where she saw the flaming thing. Aliens, right?
To continue the conversation I said, "Did you know comets are made mostly of ice?" and Mum said, "I don’t think that’s relevant Jessica."
After mentioning my Amber in the writer meme, I have started receiving text messages about having outstanding lat fees for a video rental store in suburban Melbourne. I have never been to this place, nor have I rented videos from there. Theses texts must be for my tattooing former phone number haver! Wow, universe! Wow, coincidences! Pretty cool stuff, and I now have another component for my story. Yeah, I don’t need to do anything, this story just keeps being messaged to me.
radiant-ruins said: are you alex vausse
I’m gonna say, in my wildest dreams, yes.